The Computer Centre has been operational since April 2004 and many people have tremendously benefitted from the IT courses offered at the Century Welfare Association. The computer Centre helps in the community development, empowerment of women and children, as well as employment opportunities.
Aims and objectives
- To impart training in computer studies and application to students, adults, and children with disabilities
- To create awareness and sensitise inhabitants of the region on importance of computer literacy
- To act as a centre of learning by excellence in all disciplines of computer studies at an affordable price
- To create job opportunities for the inhabitants of the region
- To serve a sound recreational outlet for the youth of the region
- IC3: Covering a broad range of computing knowledge / skills (key applications, living online, computer basics)
- PC repairs: Assembling / Maintaining Upgrading a PC – leaning to be a PC doctor
- Advanced power point: Using highly effective tool to aid in learning and presentations
- CAD 2D/3D: Mastering how to create professional plans and design
- Graphic design: Exploring the challenges of designing posters, logos, book covers, etc.
- Programming – Web master: Acquiring web programming skills to develop website
- Programming – Visual Basic: Acquiring programming skills to develop programs
- Ms Office – Advanced Word / Excel: Be a competent end-user to boost productivity
- Advanced Internet / Email: Using online social networks as new form of production
- SC / HSC tuition: Acquiring problem solving / programming skills for current syllabus
The Centre is accredited to the Mauritius Qualifications Authority and all the trainers are registered with the MQA.
Infrastructure and facilities
- 20 PC Pentium 4
- 1 Laptop
- 1 overhead projector and printer
- Career counselling
- Excursion for beneficiaries
- Tailor made courses for organisations
To Register online, please click on the link below :
Click on links below to download the forms. Forms should be filled and returned to the secretary.
Registration Form (Word Format)
Registration Form (PDF Format)